In my mind I know how to sing this.But I need your light, God there's no other way.He says I try, the words all come jumbling out.As I rest in your light, I hear your spirit say, you say come.I don't know why it was that I hated you so.It was before I really knew you.Before I've stayed at your side, I've seen the things that you do.I'm blessed, I'm broken, I'm honored inside to be called your wife

Thursday, November 1, 2007

so do i love you, by Bradley Hathaway, my favorite poet

like socertes loved the truth
like sherlock holmes loved to prove
like a child loves balloons
like a zoologist loves baboons
so do i love you
(so do i love you)
so do i love you
(so do i love you)

like a pilot loves his wings
like an angel loves to sing
like a balarina loves to dance
like a criminal loves a second chance
so do i love you
(so do i love you)
so do i love you
(so do i love you)

like a baker loves dough
like a philosipher loves to know
like a comic loves laughs
like a toldler loves a bubble bath
so do i love you
(so do i love you)
so do i love you
(so do i love you)

with the love that will last
to shadows that are cast
from life and its pains
the cold winds and the rains
i will always run my fingers, through your hair
i wll always at your side, right there
like johnny loved june
like flowers loved to bloom
like the knight loves a princess
like the motherbird loves to nest
so do i love you
(so do i love you)
so do i love you
(so do i love you)

6 comments:

Sierra said...

ha this is funny i might put this on my blog if you dont mind.

my two cents:
yes bradley hathaway is the greatest poet who ever lived. the end.

Jess said...

i know he is awesome, but he is not playing anywhere near hear :(

Sierra said...

that picture of caleb is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Jess said...

i know!!!!!! its so cool! it was last year @ our crab party. i have one just like it but its aaron ruiz. maby i'll put it on u'll never know

Sierra said...

hey guess what?! you know that relient k and switchfoot concert that i wanted to go to, well cheri got four tickets to go to it and she invited me but she doesnt know who else to invite, maybe you can come!

Jess said...

well we know how that concert ended up! myne was so totally awesome! emery was so good mrs. weber wanted to go but they went to buy tickets and they were already sold out