In my mind I know how to sing this.But I need your light, God there's no other way.He says I try, the words all come jumbling out.As I rest in your light, I hear your spirit say, you say come.I don't know why it was that I hated you so.It was before I really knew you.Before I've stayed at your side, I've seen the things that you do.I'm blessed, I'm broken, I'm honored inside to be called your wife

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Will you sing at midnight?

last night i went to this thing at church where Sharon Betters talked about encouragement
now i'm writing this poem

knees they fall, mouth it sings

as i stare at the grave i hear his taunting word
not a sound i make nor is one heard
why do i feel abandoned? why has my life shattered?
it is long gone, buried w/ the body that once mattered
he is gone, i know, but then why is he standing right beside me?
the moon fades as i stare and in my heart i truly plea
that God would also take me now to be w/ him
but i know its not right. the chances are slim
but if he took him he could take me
i grow limp as i sink to my knees
m mind clouds w/ thoughts of him; i fail to seize
please take away this doubt, this longing, this love
this love for the dead
will i ever be okay? will i ever forget?
the tears fall
my life has stopped
i want to stop
but my mind keeps on racing w/ thoughts
thoughts of him, his smile, his voice
this time it was not enough
will i ever heal
no not w/out the love of my savior
the floweres wilt and crush w/ every sob
gently arms enclsoe me; he is really hear
"its okay," i hear his whisper
"i am hear, and will never go away"
i have always loved you, you are my precious child."


thats for you sierra

9 comments:

Sierra said...

cool :}

Anonymous said...

You didnt tell me this poem was inspird by sharon betters!!-----ashley

Jess said...

well sorry
i forgot
well now ya no

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHAA
jessica, jessica.
what are we going to do with you?
although we could just MAKE YOU WEAR A SOMBRARO :P

ps. if you are wondering why i chose sombraro, dont ask.
just goes to show how my mind works lol

Jess said...

is that rachael?
what the heck are you talking about
okay
yeah

Anonymous said...

i told you not to askkkkk
shows how much YOU listen :d

Sierra said...

its not rachael its ashley..yes it is.
i think

Jess said...

it was rachael
i need a new post
but i don't know what to write about
yes i don't listen
you should no that by now:)

Jess said...

yeah
my new post could use a little sprucing up
i thought you could just put the music into windows media player
what happened to that